Oct 10, 2007

Lessons from an Islamic Cultural Center (mosque)

Today we went to a downtown Islamic mosque. We were able to meet with the top leader in the north region. Amazing, we were not there to evangelize but to learn. Oh, let me tell you I learned (sorry for the grammar but it fits here :-)! I had never heard much about Islam, most was from TV...which let me tell you is way off. I think for the first time in my life I saw a Muslim heading to Hell, not a terrorist invading our country. Folks, don't you get it...America wants us to send these people away, to hate them, to neglect them...but Jesus wants us to love them. How about it...

My heart was stirred, the devotion these men have.

One thing that stuck out in my mind was the fact that they view Christianity as cruel, divisive, and biased. Well, I had to laugh cause for the most part thats true. Emergent, fundamental, evangelical, free evangelical, and not to mention the denominational lines. Folks lets just share the "good news" and let God worry about the rest. These Muslims need Jesus, they want help, but sad to say we Americans are to busy looking at them out of hate. Please, I beg of you, look at these people through Jesus' eyes. See a lost soul, reach out!

One last thing. The Islamic community has a 100 year plan to evangelized Minneapolis. Their plan consists first of soup kitchens, social help, and then evangelism. Uhm don't you get it...they get it more than we do. Social Gospel and Scriptural Gospel goes hand in hand. They don't fight! Reach out, touch someone's LIFE, work with them, and lead them to new life. Its not about tracts its about reaching out. Lets get off our buttox and reach out! I am not saying we should pattern what we do after them, but folks, social gospel is not wrong!

Lets forget about the danger, lets reach the Muslim.

Talk to a Muslim today!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Thanks, Joe