Nov 2, 2007

The intoxicating thought resulting from several corroborations

This past Thursday in society chapel we had salvation discussion. Each member gave a brief introduction to their salvation. It was cool to hear the circumstances behind each member's induction into Christ's family. Yet, one thing stuck out to me:

The differing views on what brought salvation and what the emphasis was in their salvation process. Several gave the typical "I went forward or talked to my parents" about it testimony. You know the one where they were convicted and then made an altar call...the one that every Christian gives. (now I am not dogging this just saying its what every one says, further more I seem to be broad brushing most people so take what was just said with slight hummor) But what I noticed was that each person had a differing view on the specifics of their path to salvation (what they had to do to "be saved") Some had a strong emphasis on prayer, others it was a feeling, and some (which I personally shared) it was neither but rather a calling out for God (whether in total conscience of it, or simply just being in God's presence)...I have no clue if the "vocalized" prayer was correct, and to be honest I don't think that I was saved at that moment. I truly think that sitting in my chair in the back of that chapel building at Southland Camp God stirred my heart. In that seat I recognized my need to be redeemed, and my need to look to Christ. My prayer was not salvation, my attitude of calling was (or as far as I can tell)

So my point is this, I am not sure when exactly I became a son of God...but this I know, I have been "proving" out that salvation. And I don't know if those other society member were saved when they think they were, or whether their praying moment was their saving moment...but I know that if they have been fleshing out, or living out that salvation I call them a brother.

The greatest thought was that while we all had differing views on the point or method (I use this word loosely as I am not referring to the actual act of justification but rather the physical method [prayer, feeling, or conscience to/of God] towards salvation, we all have (to my knowledge) the same hope of Glory, to see God face to face.

1 comment:

Mommy Scroggie said...

Joseph, are you writing these yourself?? These are awesome. I never could remember your blog page but now that I have a blog page I have linked your blog to mine and believe me I am catching up on not reading it all. Anyway, these are very convicting and awesome.